Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tips and Tricks to Promote your business


These are just basic ideas, I've come up with, some of them are tested and some of them just ideas that I've picked up throughout my business ventures. 
So now that you've made letterheads, business cards. I've notice many times that when people order business cards from us, they have everything on it. I mean everything, but the most important part, like your URL for your website. and of course don't forget to put in your e-mail signature. This tit bit may of sounded insane, but believe it or not, people don't do it. 
Small advice, think as though you're customer wouldn't think to look there. Just have it on there for safe keeping. 
I'm just a small fry in the big market of things, but my employees (me, myself, and I) all have t-shirts with our company name on it, and yes we have our URL on it as well. I'm a walking billboard. Free advertising people. 
If you haven't done it already, don't forget to put your web address in your Yellow Pages ad. That's one place people see it every day.
On my car, I have my magnet stamps that show my URL on the side. here is something what it looks like: (my shameless way of promoting ME.) 

The next advice is very important: Make sure you use SEOs if you don't know what those are I'll explain int the next blog. But these are very important. Can't wait send me an email
Need more exposure, you can explore search engine marketing, wherein you pay to have a text ad appear when visitors search for certain keywords.
Send out a weekly e-mail newsletter to registered site. Give them promotions on what your selling, related to your company with links back to your site. Again, like I've mentioned before, learn about your targeted audience. Send a well-planned, customer-focused e-mail promotion to a targeted list of potential visitors and offer a credit toward the purchase of anything from your site. Spend time on your e-mail's look and content. No matter how much you do it, just my advice, not saying it won't work, but I've never opened email from people trying to sell me something, its a long shot, but you never know. 
Create your own link exchange by asking sites complementary to yours (but that don't compete) to put your link on their pages and you'll do likewise.
 If your selling products online, every time you get a customer who's purchased, send them a coupon for the next purchase, and ask about their feedback about your website, sometimes you get people who'll guide you in the right direction.  Inspire your visitors to spread the word for you with viral marketing techniques, from the aforementioned newsgroup participation to including an "e-mail this link" on every page of your site. Not sure what your customers want? Try creating an online survey to get their crucial opinions on how well your site is selling to them.
This is important: When creating your own ads, make sure you understand who you're targeting, the goal of your campaign, and how to creatively use the ad confines to get viewers to click on your ad, not away from it. A lot of people don't use this way, but I say why not, try other selling venues like online classified advertising or online auction sites to increase exposure to your site and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment